Italy thrives on its ability to produce delicious fruits and vegetables.They are known for the freshness and abundance of fruit. I would like to make everyone aware that when you travel to Italy that you should make it a point to purchase Italian fruit and vegetables while you are there. Today it is important to talk about the fair trade principles that involve the production of fresh fruit. The following contemporary issues are found from: http://www.fairtradeitalia.it/fruttafresca. This production is setup to make the rules of fair trade correct, allowing Italy to produce something that is highly requested throughout the world. Not only do millions around the world focus their work on production but Italy has a number of obstacles that prevent fresh fruit to be produced and trades which include:
- Fair Working Conditions - Poor Access to the market
- Fair pricing - Short term contracts and low wages
- Integration Into the Local Economy and Regional Development - Rising production costs.
- Fair Trade Partnerships Between All Actors in Tourism - Promotion for reserved fruits within contracts
- Sustainable Resource Use and Environmental Justice - Climate Change